- Lifelong supporter of public education and neighborhood schools
- Parent of two successful BVSD graduates
- Experience with overseeing complex public and private environmental engineering projects
- Active volunteer participant in BVSD performing arts programs
- Lifelong Front Range resident including 12 years in BVSD
About Me – Professional
- Over 28 years of experience as an environmental engineering consultant in water resource management and water quality control
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Colorado State University and Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering from Vanderbilt University
- Other professional experience includes leading the Drinking Water Excellence Program for the CO Department of Public Health and Environment
About me – Personal
Grew up in Fort Collins, CO – attended public schools in the Poudre School District
Family heavily involved in education:
- Father was a sociology professor for 42 years at Colorado State University
- Sister is a Senior Lecturer at Indiana University
- Wife is currently in her 12th year teaching in BVSD as Choir Director at Fairview High School (FHS)
- Two children recently graduated from BVSD (FHS) and are currently attending college at Gannon University (Erie, PA) and University of Northern Colorado (Greeley, CO)
- Dog graduated with honors from the “Happy Paws” Obedience Academy.
Involvement in Education
- Volunteer at Mesa Elementary and Southern Hills Middle School (field trip chaperone, science fair, fundraisers, athletics, etc.)
- Current musician support for BVSD performing arts as percussion accompanist.
- Assisted with student choirs and theater productions at Mesa Elem, Southern Hills MS, Platt MS, Monarch HS, and Fairview HS.
Experience and Skills Related to School Board Service
Engineering project management background provides:
- Ability to think and solve problems analytically using complex data and information
- Ability to work in a collaborative project team environment with people of various backgrounds and experience levels
- Understanding of personnel issues and logistics, by serving as an employee supervisor
- Understanding of project scope and budget estimation and tracking
- Ability to clearly communicate (oral and written) project needs and results to clients and other stakeholders
- Experience with regulatory and legal aspects of project objectives, including policy creation and revision and service as expert witness.
- Ability to make supported decisions in a timely manner
My involvement in local community groups has centered on music performance with Generations Community Choir (Boulder), the Center for Musical Arts (Lafayette), and rockin’ out with the Aristocats (Lafayette). I am a member of Sts. Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church in Boulder.